Rising up as an indomitable peak at the gateway between Spain and the African coast, Gibraltar is a unique destination with a life that goes beyond its surface.
Guided tour in Gibraltar
The monolithic Rock of Gibraltar entices tourists with its lush greenery and the friendly Barbary Macaques ubiquitous to the area.
Long famous as the “key to the Mediterranean,” Gibraltar has been a British Overseas Territory since 1713 after being seized during the War of Spanish Succession. Near the southern tip of the Iberian peninsula and overlooking one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes, the “Rock of Gibraltar,” as it’s still often known, rises out of the sea on the east side of Algeciras Bay and is linked with mainland Spain by a narrow isthmus.
On the way back from Gibraltar, we cannot miss Puerto Banús, the luxury marina and shopping complex built in May 1970 by José Banús, a local property developer that has since become one of the largest entertainment centres in the Costa del Sol and Marbella old town, with its narrow streets with their nooks and crannies, historic buildings, shops, boutiques and galleries, which make it a very rewarding experience.
- We suggest you to come to the meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Please remind to check how the weather in Gibraltar is going to be so you can choose appropriate clothing. Always bring comfortable shoes!
- You can send us your suggestions and questions anytime to email@example.com. We will be happy to help you.
- In Gibraltar, they use the pound although euros can be used as well. Remember that you must present and have the passport in force to enter in Uk territory.
- Regarding shopping, electronic devices are a must, as it also is to fill in the car tank or to buy tobacco or alcohol.